Thursday, April 21, 2011

Animal Creation: Panda Bear t-shirt


Who is Panda Bear? Panda Bear is part of Animal Collective. He plays drums and is one of the vocalists. He has a solo career in which he has been universally critically acclaimed for his industry-influential 2007 album, Person Pitch.
I designed this shirt for my sec. 4 art class. I really like how it turned out. I'm sure the man Panda Bear himself would like it and would want my permission to use the design.



With the help of these two pictures of him, I was able to come up with such design.
I chose to do my t-shirt on him because of the well-deserved hype that surrounded Animal Collective during the Merriweather Post Pavilion (2009 album) period. He is prominently featured in a few of the songs.

Here's an example:
 
"My Girls" is perhaps Animal Collective's most popular song.

His newest album, Tomboy, just released on April 12th. Being such a fanboy, I'm calling it Album of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment